Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's 2:00 AM and still won't go to sleep

I was so miserable last night because Abi doesn't want to go to sleep and it's already 2 o'clock in the morning. I know it's not his fault because he is not really tired. He took a nap for 5 hours yesterday, so who would be sleepy when you have that long of a nap. He started his nap around 3 o'clock, then woke up after 8:00 in the evening.

But even if I wanted to keep him company the whole night, I can't keep up to it because my head was already aching really bad. I didn't have a nap like what he had, I wish I did. If only I knew that he'd be taking a long nap. I don't want to leave him alone playing either, then I'll go to sleep. He's just 2 years old, he may do something he is not allowed to and may hurt him badly. And of course, he won't like it too.

My first attempt was just simply putting him to bed, gave him his milk, and made him comfortable by putting his sheets on him, but that didn't work. He was whining for me. I ignored it at first but he just won't stop. So I went to him and talk to him, then I went back to bed. This time, he cried for me. I just can't help it, so I went back to him. He wanted me to lie with him on the bed, so I did. I stayed there for about 15 minutes and started to feel uncomfortable and my headache seemed like killing me. So, I talk to him and made him understand how I felt, he still cried. I told him to stop crying because there's no reason for it. I went to bed then dozed off. I honestly didn't realize what happened next because I was fast asleep since then. I'd probably hear something from my husband once he gets home if Abi still didn't go to sleep once I dozed off.

Hayyyy...kids! Sometimes (or shall I say, most of the time?), it's just really hard to keep up with their energy. They have so much of it, while we grown-ups has only limited energy. Oh well, that's part of being a parent. How about you? What's your experience? :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit!

You may subscribe to my FEEDS to receive updates directly on your email.

Please visit my other blogs:
Beauty of Life
Money Maker
Creations
Jona's New Life
Love in Distance ♥ Blog

Best Regards,
Jona

DISCLOSURE POLICY
(please read)
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by the author, Jona Kuhn. For questions about this blog, please send an e-mail to admin[at]dionsmom[dot]com or just simply leave a comment here.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
I am compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the I receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
dir.davaoblogs Texas Yellow Pages blogarama - the blog directory