Saturday, September 27, 2008

TV Shows Appropriate For Your Kids

My son is two years old now and he is in the stage of entertaining himself by just watching shows on TV. Good thing that there are channels dedicated on showing things just for kids. With our DirecTV cable connection we have, I think, 5-7 channels that are appropriate for my son's age just for kids, at any age. Everyday, our TV is always tuned in to Nick Jr.1&2 and Noggin channels because those are the channels that has shows appropriate for my son's age. I would change channels once in a while if I really wanted to see a certain show but we are making sure that it is something that my son can watch. My husband likes watching wrestling but we can't watch it with my son, so he will watch it alone on our other TV or when our son is sleeping, that way he can't see all those violent stunts shown on wrestling.

My son's favorite shows are Wonder Pets, Dora the Explorer, Yo Gabba Gabba, Ni-Hao Kailan, and The Backyardigans. Those are shows that would help our kids learn manners, responsibilities, socialization, and other languages such as basic Spanish and Chinese. Through that shows, I can see that my son had improved a lot, especially with his speech.

As a parent, we need to make sure that our kid is not watching any show that are not appropriate for them. Like me, I have a 2-year old so I don't want him to watch action movies where it involves violent scenes, or a show where they're using foul languages. We need to guide our children for them to learn and become a better person when they grow up because it is our responsibility to mold them. So, make sure that you know what your kid(s) is watching on TV.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

true. that's the nice thing about cable. it has channels which are really more or less child friendly. :)

and the quality of the programs is pretty good too. i used to watch as told by ginger, rugrats and the thornberries. good stuff. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit!

You may subscribe to my FEEDS to receive updates directly on your email.

Please visit my other blogs:
Beauty of Life
Money Maker
Creations
Jona's New Life
Love in Distance ♥ Blog

Best Regards,
Jona

DISCLOSURE POLICY
(please read)
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by the author, Jona Kuhn. For questions about this blog, please send an e-mail to admin[at]dionsmom[dot]com or just simply leave a comment here.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
I am compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the I receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
dir.davaoblogs Texas Yellow Pages blogarama - the blog directory